My experience and training
As an experienced therapist have worked with children who have a range of speech and language difficulties.
Since qualifying in 2002 I worked for a number of years in several specialist units for children on the Autistic Spectrum and Asperger’s as well as working in special schools for complex children. I have also supported children in the community (homes and clinics) as well as mainstream settings providing a service for children with speech and language difficulties and hearing impairment. Working closely with parents and teaching staff is important to me and key to my work.
I have strong links with the local community and serve as a Foundation Governor at my local Junior school, and have previously run the local ABC toddler group in Busbridge church.
- Clinical Supervisor courses 1 , 2 and 3
- Introduction to BSL
- Post graduate certificate in Asperger’s syndrome and Education
- Hanen, it takes two to talk parent child interaction
- Pictures exchange communication system
- Derbyshire language scheme
- Talk About social skills
- Intermediary training and assessment, City Law School
- “Sign-a-long” – signing to support language development