As an experienced therapist have worked with children who have a range of speech and language difficulties.
Since qualifying in 2002 I worked for a number of years in several specialist units for children on the Autistic Spectrum and Asperger’s as well as working in special schools for complex children alongside community clinic work seeing children with a range of language delays and speech sound disorders. I see children in the community (homes and clinics) as well as in mainstream settings providing a service for children with speech, language and communication difficulties and hearing impairment. Working closely with parents and teaching staff is important to me and key to my work.
I have strong links with the local community and serve as a Foundation Governor at the local Junior school. I have previously run the ABC toddler group at the local church and volunteer to play the piano for a weekly singalong in a local nursery.
- Core vocabulary for Inconsistent Phonological Disorders
- Hodson’s Cycles Approach for highly unintelligible speech
- Introduction to BSL
- Post graduate certificate in Asperger’s syndrome and Education
- Hanen, it takes two to talk parent child interaction
- Pictures exchange communication system
- Derbyshire language scheme
- Talk About social skills
- Intermediary training and assessment, City Law School
- “Sign-a-long” – signing to support language development